Although games have evolved throughout man's existence, one thing that however remains constant with any game-form is communication. Communication between teammates and players on the opposing team.
If you are reading this, you are most likely familiar with what video games are. And one thing you want to make sure you have when playing your video games, especially multiplayer online games is your gaming headset. A gaming headset is necessary for communication. That is why we must discuss everything gaming headsets. From why they are important to, which you should be getting in the Philippines.
😍 Our Pick HyperX Steel series Gaming Headset Check price
Bottom Line Quality is fair for the price. This headset is truly light weight and works OK. The sound, mic and overall quality can be termed as, 'you get what you pay for'.
Pros The quality is commendable. The headset is usually well packaged for delivery.
Cons Customers have complained about the volume settings, it is not so loud besides, the volume slider is loose. Hence, sound quality is not so good.
HP Gaming Headset Check price
Bottom Line Best for people with small head size. This plug and play headset is very efficient for normal sound activities (stereo sound). On the contrary it is just manageable for the real gaming.
Pros Headset is very comfortable because of the soft puffs. Quick delivery and usually well packaged. Overall sound quality is good.
Cons The adjustment range is small. The mic doesn't cancel out noise.
Gigaware Gaming Led Headset Check price
Bottom Line Durable with a decent sound for the price. A headset that works well on a budget. You get the best out of it's sturdy build. You should note however that you have to handle it well for it to last long.
Pros The mic functions well for noise cancellation. The build quality is quite ok for its price.
Cons Adjustment range is small and can hurt ears if you have a big head. It can't be rotated as otherwise spelt out in the specifications.
Budget Choice Badwolf Gaming Headset Check price
Bottom Line Headset has a great bass effect. Customers remarks say that the overall quality is fair at the price it is sold for. It serves the purpose although the mic is all that reliable.
Pros Quick delivery service. Sound quality is worth the price.
Cons It is not packed in a box leaving it very exposed during transport. No LED light on the sides.
Redragon H120 Ares Gaming Headset Check price
Bottom Line Premium sound quality. The overall quality is reliable. Highly recommended by customers for budget gamers.
Pros The seller is very responsive. Adjustable height, and quality is worth the price.
Cons Packaging is not so good. The mic's quality is fragile therefore not so efficient but can be fixed.
Top 10More information on the best options.
Our Ranking Criteria
- customer reviews [30%] - how customers rated this product? Literally, the higher, the better.
- popularity [30%] - how many people seem to buy this product compared to other options.
- brand trustworthiness [15%] - the more other high-rated products by this brand, the more trustworthy we consider the vendor
- value for money [25%] - adjust the above for price. If there is a better option for lower price, product is ranked higher.
What about the price?
Price only accounts for 25% of the score because price is a tricky thing. It boils down to your individual preference - do you want to go higher-end or budget?
Ideally, we try to recommend better-featured items that have a lower price and high customer score, but in most cases you can't espace the fact that extra features/quality cost extra money.
Please take a look at the price chart for gaming headsets to see the best picks in each budget.
In a nutshell: 3 most popular options
Price ranges for best-selling Gaming Headsets:
What is a Gaming Headset?
A gaming headset is a device used by gamers (or even during general communication) to receive and send out audio. Gaming headsets are specially designed so that the user can experience virtual surround sound just by putting them on.
They also come with attached microphones that are designed to sit right over the mouth to ensure that beyond experiencing the game, the user is also able to communicate conveniently should he or she have to.
How Important is a Gaming Headset? Do You Need One?
If you're a gamer or someone who frequently plays games, you should know that the importance of a gaming headset cannot be overstated. It is a very vital part of your set-up and should not be sacrificed for anything. There's a reason gaming headsets are so popular and it is not just because they are fashionable.
So, What are the Benefits of Having a Gaming Headset?
i. The Convenience: Gamers can attest to the frustration that can be felt if they can not hear what is going on during a game. It is even worse when they can not communicate at all with other players in a multiplayer game. Most gaming headset manufacturers are fully aware of this and try to ensure you do not experience any of those. Therefore, gaming headsets are built in a way that helps you avoid any of these problems at no stress.
To crown it all, you could even leave your gaming headsets on your head for hours without feeling any discomfort!
ii. Quality: One of the reasons you probably want to select a gaming headset over just any other regular headset is the quality of sound it produces. As I mentioned earlier, gaming headsets could produce both real and virtual surround sound, which is very necessary; especially while playing. And so with games, the quality of sound you get through your headsets will be optimal, especially since the device is specifically calibrated for that purpose.
The quality of the microphone sound transmission is also spectacular since communication is very important for the success of teams in multiplayer games.
iii. A Better Gaming Experience: A gaming headset allows you to get immersed in the game. Thus, it provides an added opportunity to enjoy the experience. This is, of course, possible due to the surround-sound features and design of gaming headsets.
Are Gaming Headsets better than Regular Headphones or Earbuds?
When compared with each of these, gaming headsets have some advantages.
With Headphones: Since gaming headsets were designed for gamers and so, to be worn for a prolonged period, they are somewhat more comfortable than normal headphones. Also, considering the added advantage of the attached top-notch microphones which, are structured to fall right over the mouth, gaming headsets are preferred-by many over regular headphones for things like Skype or Zoom calls. The surround-sound is also a very huge advantage gaming headsets have over regular headphones.
On the other hand, however, since gaming headsets are built, specifically, with games in mind, their sound output might not always be suitable for music and movies.
With Earbuds: An advantage gaming headsets will always have is that same surround-sound experience and its ability to fully immerse one in whatever is going on at that time.
But of course, earbuds are a lot smaller and so a lot easier to carry about in public than gaming headsets.
What is the Difference between Wired and Wireless Gaming Headsets? Which is Better?
As the names already imply, wired headsets depend on some direct and wired connection to the PC or game console to function whereas, wireless headsets connect via wireless technology. It could be Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Besides, both of them have their pros and cons which are mostly the direct opposite of each other. None is objectively better than the other as it all depends on the individual's need.
For a person who plays on a PC with a permanent setup, a wired headset would not easily become a nuisance because it is not moved around often which means there is less clutter. On the other hand, for someone who plays with a gaming console or on a television connected to a PC, the setup is most likely very mobile and so, a wireless headset would cause less stress in this situation.
Also, other crucial things to consider are its battery life and your budget. With a wired headset, battery life is not an issue because it would function as long as it is plugged-in. But for a wireless headset, the battery is going to die after some time so, if you are likely to play for many hours without taking a break, it would be better for you to get a wired headset to avoid your headset batteries running out on you. You could, however, also decide to get headsets with a very long battery life.
Concerning your budget, it is good to note that very quality wireless headsets do not come cheap so, if you do not have plans to spend a lot, it is safer to opt for a wired headset.
Which Headsets Do Pro-gamers Use?
We are also going to consider the headsets most pro-gamers use and why they use them. They are as follows:
· HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset: The HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset has a USB audio sound card which, makes it great for both PCs and Macs. It is also very durable and comfortable to wear, cancels noise, and is great for communicating with teammates
· ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Dolby Gaming Headset: A lot of pro-gamers and gaming enthusiasts so much love this headset because the headset comes with the Dolby 7.1 Surround sound that particularly gives players a full sense of immersion into the game. It also has a durable battery life that lasts up to 15 hours, and the base support makes charging very easy. What's more? With the ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Dolby Gaming Headset, almost all parameters for input and output are adjustable.
· Sennheiser Game Zero: The Sennheiser Game Zero comes with technology that refines audio quality and also works efficiently to cancel noise while resting comfortably on the ear. The volume output is also easily detachable. It has a microphone that can be mute.
· Steelseries Arctis Pro Gaming Headset: The Steelseries Arctis Pro is manufactured with high-resolution sound drivers that allow users, pick up a lot of sound frequencies in games. Also, it is made of aluminum and steel, making it very durable. The microphone also produces concentrated sound waves with good sound and echo blockage.
· Logitech G Pro Gaming Headset: The Logitech G Pro Gaming Headset has a very sleek design, with a detachable cord and incredible sound output.
Why do Pro-gamers Use Two Headsets?
You may have been at or watched a professional gamers' tournament and seen players wearing two pairs of headsets, or more likely, a pair of earbuds and a pair of headsets. Now you might be wondering why they do this. It is usually just an attempt to successfully keep out noise. Because even though a lot of gaming headset manufacturers like to mention their products noise-canceling features, and some indeed do have these abilities, tournaments are usually extremely noisy, and no pro wants to get distracted even in the slightest bit.
Since a tournament is usually very noisy coupled with the loud commentary, the gamers need to put in extra effort to block out all of this noise. So most times, the inner earbuds are the ones playing the game's sounds, while the outer earphones which act as a covering are majorly for noise cancellation.
What Should You Look Out For When You Want to Purchase a Gaming Headset?
1. Durability: Whatever headset you purchase should be made of a material that is good enough to ensure the headset lasts a very long time. While of course, proper maintenance also goes a long way in making sure you get the best out of your gaming headset, it should also not begin to develop problems say, after one fall.
2. Ease of Use: Any headset you purchase should be very effortless to use and set up. The idea is to make you convenient, not to bring difficulties. Furthermore, a lot of people end up with headsets that are very technical and, they do not understand. You do not want that. However, if you feel comfortable with such headsets, by all means, go for it.
3. Great Sound Quality: This is one of the primary reasons you are purchasing a headset in the first place, to be able to hear. Make sure the sound output is quality and very clear.
Hint: You should be able to hear your enemies even before you see them.
4. Good Microphone: No one wants a microphone that can't pick up voices unless you shout into it; that is very stressful. So make sure any headset you are purchasing has a microphone that you can adjust and place in a position where it can pick up on your voice. Also, ensure that the quality of the sound it sends out is impressive.
5. Value: Overall, ensure that whatever it is you are spending on that headset, you are getting the proportional value for your money.
What are the Best Gaming Headsets in The Philippines?
Some of the best gaming headsets available in the Philippines are:
1. The HyperX Steel Series Gaming Headset: It has premium sound quality, good microphone output, comfortable to play in for hours, and also durable.
2. HP H360G 7.1 Virtual surround USB 2.0 Gaming Headphones: Very easy to use, great surround sound technology, overall good sound quality, and microphone output.
3. Gigaware Kotion G2000 Gaming LED Headset: Amazing sound quality, noise isolation, and is very durable.
How Much Does a Gaming Headset Cost in the Philippines?
An average gaming headset in the Philipines should cost about ₱700 to ₱2000